Pancakes for breakfast – what’s not to like? Fried fruit is good and turns the pancakes into a small dessert.
by Naturkok Sander Blohm
Condensed milk can be boiled up to a very tasty caramel crème – “Dulce de leche”. You can make it at home before you go or on site. The caramel creme is a nice extra flavor on the pancakes, but can also be used on bannocks or added to a nice fruit soup. I always make my pancakes without milk and save that ingredient. On the other hand I always bring eggs. You can use egg powder.
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 eggs (or egg powder)
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- A pinch of salt
- Cardamom, vanilla, lemon zest
- 2 apples
Dulce de leche
- One can of condensed milk, boil in water for 3 hours.
- Flour, eggs, salt, sugar and spices are mixed together with a splash of water to a thick mass.
- Add water until the dough has the right consistency.
- Fry the pancakes in butter. Before you flip the pancake you can add blueberries and let them bake with the pancake.
- Stack the pancakes on a plate
- Take a pan and fry slices of apple in butter, sprinkle with sugar.
- Garnish the pancakes with apple slices and your caramel creme and eat while hot.
”Dulce de leche” is always a hit when on tour. Make it from home and surprise when away. This is one of the many joys while on tour.