By Naturkok Sander Blom
2 cans of chickpeas
6 tablespoons of olive oil
10 cloves of garlic – finely chopped
2 onions – finely chopped
2 carrots, diced
1 celeriac, diced
5 large potatoes, in half
Approx. 2L water
Fresh, chopped ramsons or other herb
Salt and pepper
- Fry the onions untill golden in a pot. Add the finely chopped garlic and stir. Do not fry until brown.
- Add bay leaves and chickpeas to the pot and add approx. 2L water + 1 tsp. salt.
- Boil up and simmer 20-30 minutes (or one hour if you cook the chickpeas directly in the water)
- Use a pan to sear the diced carrots and celeriac until they have a bit of color. Add the cumin seeds.
- Add the vegetables and potatoes to the soup and boil thoroughly.